The 2017 meeting takes place at 10 a.m., Saturday, April 22, at the Royal Oak Public Library.
OUR PROGRAM THIS YEAR FEATURES:
• Guest speaker, Barbara Rosso-Norgan, mortuary supervisor at Wayne State University, who will talk about whole body donation as an end-of-life option
• A DIY obituary writing workshop with journalist and journalism instructor
'Holly Shreve Gilbert, of Oakland University
• An update on national and state funeral law
• A Q&A with Henry Ford Hospital medical ethicist, Karen L. Smith, LCSW, Ph.D.
• As always, we’ll also be electing officers
Please RSVP so we can make sure we have enough seating and obituary writing packets.
Simply email us at
email@example.com or send us a message on our Facebook page, www.Facebook.com/FCISofMichigan/
COPYRIGHT © 2014 Funeral Consumers Information Society of Michigan
Funeral Consumers Information Society, also known as FCIS, is a volunteer-run nonprofit dedicated to helping Michiganians make dignified, meaningful and affordable funeral arrangements since 1961.
In 2006, our mission expanded to advocate for the re-establishment of family rights in after-death care, including family-led home funerals, and to foster sustainable environmental practices, such as green burial, in the state.
If you need financial assistance, contact the Michigan Department of Human Services.
Annual dues and donations make the good works of
FCIS and FCA possible. Thank you.
We are currently accepting applications for trustees. Please let us know if you're interested.